Search Unity

1. Are you interested in providing feedback directly to Unity teams? Sign up to become a member of Unity Pulse, our new product feedback and research community.
    Dismiss Notice

Help Wanted How to play alembic and fbx animations both on the same model?

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Kartik0330, Jul 12, 2021.

1. Kartik0330

Kartik0330

Hi everyone,

So here is the problem that I am stuck with, there is this enemy I am implementing having two kind of animations.

1. FBX animations (.fbx extension) involving movement of body parts with no FX.
    2. Alembic animation (.abc extension) involving movement of body parts with FX.

FBX animation has it's own rig and similarly ABC has its own. So in order to play all the FBX animation(s) I choose any one of the FBX rig to create the avatar and then apply that avatar to the rest of the FBX animation rig(s). So in this way I am able to play all the FBX animations on the single model using Animator Controller.

In order to play alembic I need timeline to play that animation but that too on the rig associated with it.
    NOTE : Both FBX and ABC have there different rig hence FBX needs Animator Controller to play animations and ABC needs Timeline to play the animation.

The issue I am facing right now is that I want to play both these FBX an ABC animations on the single model whereas right now I am having two different models one of FBX and other of ABC.

So if anyone can help me out with the stated problem I would highly appreciate that.
    Thanks in advance.

unityunity