Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

How to pass Oculus VRC TestLaunchIntoVR?

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by MoctezumaDev, Feb 19, 2018.

1. MoctezumaDev

MoctezumaDev

Oculus has a tool called OculusVRCValidator to help one test if your app is ready for the store.

There is a test called TestLaunchIntoVR which requires your application to start in less than 4 seconds.

I tested with a total empty scene with Unity 2017.3.1p1 and the build fails the test with 4.88 seconds.

Is it even possible to publish games in Oculus Rift store by using Unity3d?

Has someone the same issue?

2. hgulgen

hgulgen

@Leoniciux Hello Did you find any solution for this problem ?

3. MoctezumaDev

MoctezumaDev

It's been a long time since I worked on this but for what I recall I had to disable the splash screen:

upload_2019-7-31_11-41-2.png

I think this will only be possible with the pro version, I'm not totally sure about this, but if Oculus rift rules are still the same that means that you would not be able to release a game with a free version of Unity3d.

4. hgulgen

hgulgen

@Leoniciux
    Thank you for answer yes but I am already unity plus member and In my project , There is no splash screen. It is opening minimum 5 seconds. I couldnt not open below 5 second. Maybe I will try first with empty scene. Do you have anything else to advise for me ?
    Thanks again.

5. MoctezumaDev

MoctezumaDev

6. MoctezumaDev

MoctezumaDev

Also take into consideration your scene, if I'm not wrong this time would be also taken by the time your first scene takes to load, in such case I would suggest that your first scene has only the minimum stuff like the VR camera rig and then from there load other scene with the real stuff.

7. hgulgen

hgulgen

Hi , @Leoniciux , Thanks your informations. I solved the problem as you said , In first scene was very simple but my player is kind of heavy prefab I was used it every scene . I just created a simple scene with simple xr camera and now I passed from oculus test . It is opening below 2 second.
    Thanks again.

MoctezumaDev likes this.