Search Unity

Question How to optimize a Unity game for the Meta Quest 2 so that it launches without dropping frames?

Discussion in 'VR' started by Risky_Crash, Dec 22, 2023.

1. Risky_Crash

Risky_Crash

I have created a VR game using Unity 2022.2.3f1. I am attempting to have it listed on the Meta Quest App Lab, but my submission gets rejected with the following message:
    upload_2023-12-22_10-12-32.png

When profiling with the MQDH Performance Analyzer, the game runs smoothly without dropping any frames during game play. However when the game initially launches, the Performance Analyzer shows the frame rate drop to 0 before the Unity splash screen is even loaded. This happens even with an oculus run time driven splash screen, and a lightweight initial loading scene. I confirmed this by building and profiling an empty scene with an OVRCameraRig in it- even this example project dropped frames on initial startup.

upload_2023-12-22_10-22-43.png

What can I do to guarantee smooth performance at the moment the app is launched?

Link to my question on the meta forums: https://communityforums.atmeta.com/...C-Quest-Performance-1-on-startup/td-p/1115528