Search Unity

How to "Open in Unity" from asset store (Linux Mint 17.1)

Discussion in 'Linux' started by tylerecouture, Nov 16, 2015.

1. tylerecouture

tylerecouture

I'm trying to follow the space shooter tutorial, when I click "Open in Unity" on the asset pack, Unity opens to the Projects window but the assets/project doesn't appear anywhere to choose. Is there a way to do this?

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/13866

2. LukaKotar

LukaKotar

3. tylerecouture

tylerecouture

I am using the latest (September 16) build.

I was able to do it, I just didn't realize it was waiting for me to start a new project. When I started a new project a window asked me if I wanted to import any assets and they were in the list.

4. diabloanton

diabloanton

I have the same problem. When I click "Open in Unity" I don't see anything. I try with Firefox and Chrome, but nothing.

5. Marqin

Marqin

I also have this problem on newest build. It just opens project list and does nothing else. And when I try to create New project there is still nothing on the assets list. And after starting new project there is no window telling about those assets, and they are nowhere to seen..

Edit:
    I found a work-around. You can open Asset Store inside Unity Editor and there it works. Window -> Asset Store. The only problem with this solution is that typing in search field is not working, so you have to navigate via menus to your asset.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
  6. arialblack14

arialblack14

@Marqin Thank you so much.
    I tried Firefox, Brave and Chrome and I could not import anything.
    Also, tried several other solutions suggested. Yours is great. For anyone else searching:

Go to `Window -> General -> Asset Store`

Edit: I am using Linux Mint 18.3

7. louis030195

louis030195

5 years passed, still no fix and they removed the only workaround: IDE asset store :)

8. guilleatm

guilleatm

Same problem...

demented_hedgehog likes this.
  9. tomcoolakowski

tomcoolakowski

On fresh Unity installation I do have asset store (Ubuntu 18), but I can't download anything. :( 0% for two assets

demented_hedgehog likes this.
  10. KevinWelton

KevinWelton

@tomcoolakowski, if you are using a newer version of Unity, you can get your assets on the asset store, then install them via the package manager by selecting "My Assets" in the source drop down. The clicking on the asset store link itself in the browser has a couple of bugs right now. Make your voice heard by logging an issue using the "Help -> Log a Bug" menu item.

If you're using an older version of where the asset store is embedded, this is a different issue.

11. zarth1

zarth1

[PackageManager] Error System.InvalidOperationException: Failed to call Unity ID to get auth code.
    UnityEditor.AsyncHTTPClient:Done(State, Int32) (at /home/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/AsyncHTTPClient.cs:246)

Package manager fails to fetch assets due to this error... tried sign out and in, did not work. Any thoughts? Running on linux ubuntu 20 LTS

TheFreePlant likes this.
  12. lucasguerratee

lucasguerratee

Same problem on Ubuntu, also tried in tree different browsers :/

TheFreePlant likes this.
  13. Alanix129

Alanix129

S***e....

14. KevinWelton

KevinWelton

Please PM me your editor.log file. I can take a look. I'm able to use my assets in the Package Manager interface with the latest 2021.2 build OK.

15. xurdedix

xurdedix

Same problem on Ubuntu with unity version 2020.3.9f1.

Is it possible to download my assets from the browser and then add them to unity?

16. deathknightultra

deathknightultra

Found a simple solution.
    It appears that browsers sometimes are not able to launch the proper activity and hence the asset doesn't download.
    However it can be downloaded from package manager once you have added it to your account.
    Simply:
    • Goto windows->package manager
    • from package manager change package location to my assets.
    • refresh the list.
    • Voila!!!!

17. xurdedix

xurdedix

It works for me. Thanks

18. Aykutkaraca

Aykutkaraca

this doesnt work for me. I am on Deepin Linux (Debian variant) and I also get error refreshing error everytime...
    Asset store tab was opening but Search Online button didnt react. now Asset Store tab doesnt even open.

I also get:
    [Package Manager Window] Error while fetching labels: System.InvalidOperationException: Failed to call Unity ID to get auth code.
    UnityEditor.AsyncHTTPClient:Done (UnityEditor.AsyncHTTPClient/State,int) (at /home/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/AsyncHTTPClient.cs:248)

Any solutions? I am on Unity 2020.3.10f1.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2021
  19. ryanjo

ryanjo

Unity Technologies

There are known issues with the links from browsers in the asset store opening in Unity. The best workaround right now is mentioned by deathknightultra. After you subscribe to an asset, you can download and import it into the project inside with Package Manager.

20. Aykutkaraca

Aykutkaraca

Ryan, as I mentioned, that doesnt work for me. Package manager gives error and doesnt list my assets.

21. ryanjo

ryanjo

Unity Technologies

The error you have looks like it's related to authenticating with Unity's asset store servers. Try logging out of the Hub, and relogging back in? I assume you don't have any issues logging in via the website or the hub?

22. morganmorris1953

morganmorris1953

You're amazing, thank you!

23. b14r

b14r

I truly appreciate what Unity offers being a free software, but it's absolutely outrageous that an issue that like that, which affects lots of beginners trying to follow tutorials like me is still happening after 6 F***ing years.

24. deekb

deekb

They fixed it (kind of) if you add an asset to the "My assets page" (https://assetstore.unity.com/account/assets) and then return to your project and click Window -> Package Manager -> Packages: .... and change the dropdown to My Assets you can download them.
    Screenshot from 2021-12-19 16-42-35.png
    Hope this helps
    -Deekb

donbright and sethmnielsen like this.
  25. unity_B19277DA6D4422F98FC0

unity_B19277DA6D4422F98FC0

deathknightultra

This is the way. I assumed it was chrome but then asset store didn't work. Your steps did the trick. Thank you.

Linux Mint 20.3 | Unity 2020.3

26. SazidFarhan

SazidFarhan

Thank you, worked in the 2023.3.4f1 version, I'm on EndeavourOS (Arch variant)

tisukroman likes this.
  27. Xberg127

Xberg127

savior

28. fats_1975

fats_1975

This is probably a rookie q. (yep, I'm a week old around here)... So, basically all assets run from cloud and they get downloaded on local upon import on a project to project base? Is there a way to download all 'my assets' locally so only have one main directory accessible without importing on each project?