Search Unity

How to offset all clips and key points in a Timeline

Discussion in 'Timeline' started by cecarlsen, Oct 17, 2017.

1. cecarlsen

cecarlsen

Is there a way to select all clips and animation keyframes on a timeline and translate them with an offset?

It is a tremendous work to move everything while keeping things in sync.

Carl Emil

LuckyMisterSleven likes this.
  2. Cleverlie

Cleverlie

yeah, same question here, I did a lot of work on the timeline but then I need a couple of seconds at the beginning for another cinemachine introduction shot, how to move everything to get empty space at the beginning without manually going through every single track and infinite clip??

3. jbergs

jbergs

Yeah, would love to know how to do this...

4. Antoine_OSG

Antoine_OSG

I took me a while to discover this, but you can actually right click on the playhead on the top of your timeline to get nice features, such as "select all clips starting after" or "insert frames".
    Really helpful !

5. Mandy_Lowry

Mandy_Lowry

Is this still available? No where do I see those options when right clicking on ...anything. Thanks!

6. seant_unity

seant_unity

Unity Technologies

Yes, it is. It's a context menu on the playhead.

upload_2018-4-30_7-22-11.png

DChap and Propagant like this.
  7. Mandy_Lowry

Mandy_Lowry

Awesome, thanks! I think I overlooked it because for some reason it took a few right clicks for it to display. I see it now, thanks again!

8. Mandy_Lowry

Mandy_Lowry

Is it possible to move animation clips? Best I can see right now is to open the curves and select them to move the keyframes around. Or, is it possible to move a whole group?

9. seant_unity

seant_unity

Unity Technologies

You can convert to clip mode, move the timeline clip, then convert back to infinite clip mode.

macka1080, Heli0skim, Remiel and 3 others like this.
  10. Mandy_Lowry

Mandy_Lowry

11. IWillKillU

IWillKillU

Perfect. Thanks!

12. Heartwood_jw

Heartwood_jw

Is there a way to insert frames into each of the tracks at a frame or time position from code for custom editor scripts?

13. seant_unity

seant_unity

Unity Technologies

There's no public API calls for it. You can iterate all tracks/clips/markers using the API and move clips.

It's something we'd like to move to the public API in a future release.

Propagant likes this.
  14. Heartwood_jw

Heartwood_jw

Good to know, Thanks.

15. dansopanso

dansopanso

I don't understand why Unity will let me select multiple Clips but not multiple Keyframes across tracks. Ideal would be able to select Clips AND Keyframes at the same time. A simple Lock-Button on a track could easily control wich should be allowed to select and wich not.

Anybody who did Motion Graphics before probably nows the term "Frame Frickin"... With the current Workflow inside Unity this is lifted to a whole nother level... I just had to go into 20 single animation tracks to make a comlplex animation just a few frames slower...

When I want to move all of them to a little bit later in my timeline I have to convert all of them to clips and then move them. But then I can't see the keyframes anymore, so I have to then "convert back to infinite clip mode" (this option should also show up on a right click on the clip btw.)

Anyways.. I still love the Timeline because it allows Motion Graphics inside Unity that can be exported to multiple Target Platforms and is way more convenient than working with Anmators. I would love to see this implemented in the near futre because it is a very small change in UI that would make it much more convenient to create bigger animations with this nice tool.

sivrikaya, poliman and jbergs like this.
  16. poliman

poliman

100% right, did anybody make an issue with it?
    https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/

17. Thall33

Thall33

Yeah I want to move multiple keyframes? any updates, nearly 2 years later since last post....fingers crossed!

18. akent99

akent99

Not exactly the same thing I know, but when I want to move keyframes I right click and select "Convert To Clip Track" - then I can slide the clip around. But its all or nothing.

19. Thall33

Thall33

Has helped in a few areas. But yeah, bit strange we cant define the length, then it would be problem solved.