Search Unity

How to move the probuilder to a assets folder?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AzpxMsw, Apr 13, 2021.

1. AzpxMsw

AzpxMsw

I need to create a ,unitypackage and I need a probuilder in it, that is, so that I do not need to install it from the package manager. How to do it?

2. Ryiah

Ryiah

You don't need to move the folder. Just right-click it and select "Export Package".

3. That only works for Assets/ folders, not packages.

That's a bad idea. But in theory you could copy the folder in your OS and then uninstall the package, then delete all package-related files like manifest and whatnot. It is not supported. The package would be disconnected and you couldn't update it.

AzpxMsw likes this.
  4. AzpxMsw

AzpxMsw

thanks, i'll try to do it

5. Ryiah

Ryiah

Haha. Serves me right for not testing and only assuming because it was in the context menu it would work. :p

Just be aware that Unity is now designed around the idea of packages. Unless you have a very good reason that you can't use them (eg no Internet connection) it's a far better idea to learn to live with them than to try to bypass them. Especially if you need to troubleshoot a problem.

If you want to use the package in every project there are ways to do that that don't involve trying to bypass them.

https://forum.unity.com/threads/default-packages.530043/#post-3794131

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021