Search Unity

1. Are you interested in providing feedback directly to Unity teams? Sign up to become a member of Unity Pulse, our new product feedback and research community.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Read here for Unity's latest plans on OpenXR.
    Dismiss Notice

Help Wanted How to migrate from AR Foundation to Mars?

Discussion in 'Unity MARS' started by diegorbit, Nov 12, 2020.

1. diegorbit

diegorbit

Hi! So this is my usecase..

I have a unity template that used AR Foundation and I want to migrate that template that already has assigned the AR Session Origin and AR Camera to Mars Session.

I'm super new in Mars so any help will be super appreciated! Thanks!

Diego

Blinxel_AR likes this.
  2. Blinxel_AR

Blinxel_AR

I'd like to know this too. Thanks for asking this question Diego.

3. CiaranWills

CiaranWills

Unity Technologies

MARS will work with any existing AR Foundation session in your scene and you should be able to use MARS and AR Foundation side by side in you project while you migrate things. Add a MARS Session component to your AR Session Origin and a MARS Camera to your AR Camera and you should have both working together.

Also, with MARS 1.2 (which released this week) we now expose some of MARS's simulation system to AR Foundation in the Editor. You can turn this on in Project Settings -> XR Plug-in Management. Then when you enter play mode in the editor you can navigate in MARS's simulation in the game view (right mouse button and WASD keys) and the AR Foundation managers will get data from the simulation. You'll also notice that if your scene doesn't have a MARS Session then a temporary one will be added to the AR Session Origin.

upload_2020-11-19_15-19-12.png

This is a very new feature and there are some limitations still but we'd love to hear any feedback you have, and please feel free to ask more questions.

unityunity