Search Unity

How to make PC slow as real device?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Rachan, Sep 2, 2021.

1. Rachan

Rachan

I working on iOS and Android game, But when I run on PC it faster than real devices
    I always found an issues on real devices But in my PC is not happen I think my PC maybe too much
    high performance i7 8700 16 GB ram 1080 GTX?

So I really want to found an issues in my PC, and How to make PC slow as real device?

2. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

You don't.

3. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Depends on what you mean by making it run as slow. You're not going to be able to make your computer have the same hardware performance as the device. If you mean framerate, you can just use Application.targetFrameRate to match the frame rate you expect on the target device.

But really you should be designing your game to be frame rate independent, so differences in hardware performance will have little to no impact on the game. Otherwise you're not solving anything, because the game will end up behaving differently on high end phones vs low end phones, or whatever the target device is.

hippocoder likes this.
  4. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Yeah I should've clarified: you can test how your code performs under a specific framerate, but you can't possibly emulate different hardware, because some things a desktop will do 500 times faster (for example) and other things only 10 times faster. It's so all over the place, because, well the hardware is completely different.

Joe-Censored likes this.
  5. Rachan

Rachan

Ok Thank you very much for your answers
    Device simulator are not simulate as real device too?

I always found issues about save/load data on actual device But Pc is not

I don't know how to do next..

6. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

It's merely for graphics or for getting a rough idea. It's best to have a test device - you only need one really to get started - the lowest one - so it should be cheap.

Joe-Censored likes this.
  7. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Yeah, basically pick a minimum spec device you want to target, and get that. Most likely someone you know has an old device they have replaced, but is filling up drawer space you can get cheap or free. But worst case you're most likely looking at under $100 USD off ebay.