Search Unity

How to make particle only simulate it's DISTANCE and not move it?

Discussion in 'Visual Effect Graph' started by billygamesinc, Feb 24, 2022.

1. billygamesinc

billygamesinc

I bought a VFX pack for this fireball and it seems to only emit smoke based on how much it moves. I would like to know if I can make it stay still but simulate the velocity without changing it's position.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2022
  2. Qriva

Qriva

that doesn't say much :confused:
    but if you are talking about VFX graph, then there might be "spawn over distance" with position provided from parent game object and when it moves it spawns particles, but you don't need to use object position, you can create graph property, connect there and send any position you want and graph will be stationary itself, but particles spawned on the way of provided position.

3. billygamesinc

billygamesinc

Sorry I tried to look into the VFX graph it is blank. For some reason, I'm looking for help with the particle system but can't find the right sub.
    The fireball is only emitting the right kind of smoke trail when its moving in it's own space; the thing is I want it to always be like this because I want to turn this particle into an object with a collider.
    upload_2022-2-24_18-0-10.png

What it looks like in place:
    upload_2022-2-24_18-1-10.png

Basically I would like for the trail to occur no matter what regardless of the velocity. I turned off rate over distance and opted to do rate over time but the trail is not occuring behind the fireball but rather in the middle.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2022
  4. Qriva

Qriva

Ah. Sorry, I am not good with shuriken so I can't help you, especially if I can't even see the setup.
    I can only do wild guess - it sounds like simulation is not set to world space.