Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Games How to make my game file zip file and how to make it ready to publish?

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Deleted User, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hello,
    I have finish my game, and i have the folder of my game, but... when i open the folder i see this (i show the picuter "this1")
    but i don't want the GAMER who download the game to see the files of the assets and library and those things... I just want him to see the data and the important things(game application) , like the game of "slendirina the celler" (developed by Dvloper made with unity) (i show the picuter "this2" & "this3")
    And also i want to make the folder of tha game to zip file , you can say just make the game ready to publish and to show it to the world.
    If you have the answer please help me to do that.
    note: i use windows 8.1
    Thanks for everyone. this 1.PNG this 2.PNG this 3.PNG

2. Lousta

Lousta

Inside unity : File => Build And Run
    Then you will have a folder like your "this2" screenshot. You will need to download something like Winrar to create zip files, then you can right click on the folder you just created and click on "add to archive".

3. MostHated

MostHated

When you go to actually build your game, don't just select the main project folder when the window comes up. Create a new folder and call it something like "MyGame_Release and then double-click that folder. Then it will build the needed files into that folder and when it is done you can go in there and the files that are in that folder, you can click and drag to highlight them all. If you are using Windows, once they are all highlighted you can right-click on one of the files and select "Send To" in the menu, and there you will see "Compressed Zip".

The folders like Assets, ProjectSettings, etc, are not part of the finished game, only what will be in the new folder are what is needed to play the final game build.

4. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hey, Thank you :)
    I have finaly sell it on itch.io
    if you want check out and see it, maybe you will like it and buy it it's really amazing.
    Download link https://wokzop-games.itch.io/horror-abductionv1
    Watch trailer link:

I hope you support me and share it with your friends.
    Thanks.

5. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hey, Thank you :)
    I have finaly sell it on itch.io
    if you want check out and see it, maybe you will like it and buy it it's really amazing.
    Download link https://wokzop-games.itch.io/horror-abductionv1
    Watch trailer link:

I hope you support me and share it with your friends.
    Thanks.