Search Unity

1. All Pro and Enterprise subscribers: find helpful & inspiring creative, tech, and business know-how in the new Unity Success Hub. Sign in to stay up to date.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

How to make multiple objects one

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by guategeek_legacy, Oct 15, 2005.

1. guategeek_legacy

guategeek_legacy

Hey

I was wondering how I make multiple objects into one object. Like for a little bush I have 15 polys that are spun around their pivet and have a grass texture on them, I'm trying to get it so that rather than being 15 seperate pices that Unity sees within the group that it will only be 1 object. Instructions for Unity or C4D or both would be helpful thanx. Jeff

2. vineeee

vineeee

Select all the objects in c4d and do function>connect, produces a new combined object.

3. guategeek_legacy

guategeek_legacy

4. boxy

boxy

Also if your objects are already textured before you connect them, make sure you create a poly selection set for each object, give the selection tag a unique name and assign the same name to the objects material tag (this is the same procedure as when you want to assign more than one texture to an object). Then when you connect the separate objects, the polygon selection tags are copied to the new single object and you just manually place each object's material after its appropriate selection tag on the new single object - huh, well that made sense in my head :? if it doesn't make sense I'll try and post a screenshot hehe.
    Boxy

5. guategeek_legacy

guategeek_legacy

Yah I get you, thanx for the tip, In what I used they were all textured the same so it worked, But I'll definatly be using that soon. Jeff

unityunity