Search Unity

How to make mecanim more precise?

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Atmey, Sep 21, 2014.

1. Atmey

Atmey

First thing I did is I unchecked the Atomic property on all my animations, I still feel there is too much delay between transitions, and there are not the same length every time, sometimes it is slower or faster.
    I tried setting transition time even lower, but it is still noticable, I didn't try setting transition time to 0 (is it possible?)

What could be causing this problem, should I try using "From Any state" and manage the states elsewhere?

2. Atmey

Atmey

Was this question asked before? if so please link me up, (I must've been searching for the wrong words.)

Is this planned to be improved in Unity 5? I saw some functions of Mecanim Control (Asset Store) working only on the editor, but couldn't compile to a build, I found it later these were in beta or something.

Anyone facing the same issues?

3. Mecanim-Dev

Mecanim-Dev

Yes you can set the transition time to 0.
    Uncheck Atomic property only if you want to interrupt this transition

We never heard of anything like transition time is sometime slower or faster, we do have a bunch of unit test running every day that test the timing of transition

Switching to Any states won't solve your issue since it using transition.

Can you upload a video showing this issue or a project?

4. Atmey

Atmey

Sorry I might have not been clear, let me make an example.

I am currently in crouching state, I want transition to idle to be relatively slow (0.1), and then from idle to walk in faster transition (0.01), if I play each transition separately it is working fine, but if I move while still standing up, the animation changes to sliding one.

I know I can limit my movement to be in sync with mecanim, but I love the current feel, and I want mecanim to adapt to it.

What I want is when a new transition kicks is, mecanim totally forgets about current transition and crossFade/Blend to current transition/end result. Is this possible? if so, how?

I can't reproduce the inconsistent duration now for some reason, hopefully it is gone. I noticed some weirdness during heavy physics, but I think it was my controller, now it is behaving better, I don''t see this anymore.

Thanks.

5. Atmey

Atmey