Search Unity

How to make it so i cant walk through objects?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by ProGamingNow, Oct 1, 2015.

1. ProGamingNow

ProGamingNow

Hi i have been putting shelf's in my shop but in order to not walk through them i have had to add box collides but this is taking alot of time to do and i was just wondering if there is an easier way to do it.The shelfs are all separate.

PLEASE HELP THANKS. btw i know i can do box colliders but they take a long time is there a quicker way that i can do it?

2. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

Nope, box colliders are absolutely the quickest type of collider to create.

However, maybe you're putting a collider on each individual shelf... I would think that one for the whole unit (set of shelves) would suffice.

ProGamingNow likes this.
  3. jhocking

jhocking

If these are imported objects then you can give it a Mesh Collider instead, to automatically wrap colliders around your mesh. But really I'm mystified as to how you can think box colliders take a long time to setup. If you think that process is too onerous for you, uh I'm not sure you have the patience needed to develop an entire game.

4. ProGamingNow

ProGamingNow

No its not that its just i thought there might be a easier way which is the main reason i posted

5. ProGamingNow

ProGamingNow

Thank You very much.I will do that.

6. tedthebug

tedthebug

If all the shelves are the same then make one shelf with a box collider & prefab it. Then use the prefabs & scale each one as needed once it is in the scene. It's quicker than making & adding collides to each shelf.

MurDocINC likes this.
  7. ProGamingNow

ProGamingNow

Thankyou very much

8. ProGamingNow

ProGamingNow

dude thank you so much this is so much easier your a legend