Search Unity

How to make Animation View to record changes on element of Array?

Discussion in 'Immediate Mode GUI (IMGUI)' started by TMPxyz, Mar 12, 2015.

1. TMPxyz

TMPxyz

Hi, developers,

I have a question about Animation view here.

I want to let Animation view to record the changes on one of my MonoBehaviour's array's float element;
    But it seems that things would not go this way.

I've poked around the Unity assembly to find what a Animatable property is, but unfortunately that's not viewable.
    So, I'm currently using 10 public members to enable animation recording, non-scalable and silly-looking...

Could anyone shed some light on how to make animation for array element with Unity Animation View?

Thanks,

2. nickfourtimes

nickfourtimes

Just wanted to post a "me too" in here in case anyone's found an answer since.

I've got a component with a list of colours, i.e.,
    Code (CSharp):
    1. public List<Color> myColours;
    I'd like to animate some colours in that list, using the Animation window. However, when I start recording and adjust one of those values, nothing is recorded in the animation clip. Instead, my changes are serialised out to the scene, so they become permanent on the object! (Unless I undo, obviously)

3. Aedous

Aedous

Same here, would like to know if anyone was able to accomplish this. It just doesn't want to animate a list type :( which is a pain.
    I've also noticed that custom inspectors don't update the animation window either, wondering if anyone knows why this is as well?

4. milanhenkrich

milanhenkrich

Hello Guys, I am having same problem now, did anyone figure out?