Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

How to make an object empty from inside [BLENDER]

Discussion in 'Asset Importing & Exporting' started by Pavlos_Mavris, Feb 5, 2021.

1. Pavlos_Mavris

Pavlos_Mavris

Hello everyone, I have an issue with meshes and colliders, I created a pipe through blender and in blender it seems that is empty inside, but when I import it on Unity and then I add a mesh collider the collider it doesn't recognise that there is a hole and I want it to pass a liquid through that pipe but the collider doesn't let me. If anyone knows what I'm supposed to change I will appreciate it!!

2. GameBam

GameBam

Showing an image of the model could help. It could something else but one thing that comes to mind is the mesh collider is set to convex (which will remove any holes).

3. Pavlos_Mavris

Pavlos_Mavris

Thank you for the response but I actually found the issue, all I have to do was to add a Mesh Collider but not enabling the convex option but I have another issue, there are some corners of that object that other objects can go through during run-time, an example is I have a box and some balls are falling inside during the game but some times the balls fall through the box and it looks like it doesn't collide with something.

4. BrandyStarbrite

BrandyStarbrite

@Pavlos_Mavris
    Do the balls each have a mesh collider on them too?