Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question How to make an indoor scene looks like night?

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by hectorfan, Mar 9, 2023.

1. hectorfan

hectorfan

I'm testing my indoor scene, I'm trying to make it looks like night, but even if the room doesn't have any openings, the scene still looks very bright and the lights are also not visible in the view.
    upload_2023-3-8_23-54-31.png

2. PutridEx

PutridEx

This is because of sky lighting. Sky light applies to everything in the scene. You can disable it from your visual environment override (post process override). By setting sky type to "none".

If you want to have proper sky lighting, with shadows, you need to bake Global illumination and use reflection probes.
    Set your sky to "static" in your visual environment, and then go to Rendering > lighting > Environment and make sure it's using your sky type and volume.

Bake gi, and cover your level with reflection probes and bake the reflection probes.
    An alternative if you don't want to have to use reflection probes, is to add "indirect lighting" override to your post process volume and set reflective lighting to 0, but this means you will not have any reflections at all, anywhere.

To bake gi go to Rendering > Lighting. Set it to use the GPU lightmapper for faster bakes.

The reason you need reflection probes is because unity doesn't bake specular GI, so without reflection probes you will get specular leaking from the sky everywhere.

hectorfan and MrBigly like this.
  3. mgeorgedeveloper

mgeorgedeveloper