Search Unity

Resolved How to make "always on top" UIDocument?

Discussion in 'UI Toolkit' started by Kichang-Kim, May 14, 2021.

1. Kichang-Kim

Kichang-Kim

Hi. I have two UIDocument objects in scene, one is main UI and other is debug UI. I want to make debug UI is always shown on top of screen. So I changed Sort Order property of debug UI to higher value, but it still shown as random order. It seems that Sort Order does not work for multiple root UI documents. Is there any method that ordering root UIDocuments?

2. pawelduda

pawelduda

Try using different Panel Setting for both UIDocuments. For the debug UI set higher Sort order in Panel Setting than in main UI.

Kichang-Kim likes this.
  3. Kichang-Kim

Kichang-Kim

I missed Sort Order in panel settings, Thanks.

4. antoine-unity

antoine-unity

Unity Technologies

Hi! Indeed the Sort Order of UI Document only applies to UIDocuments with the same Panel Settings asset.

If they did share the PanelSettings, then this sounds like a bug, the Sort Order on UIDocument should definitely allow you to keep one on top of the other.

Thanks

Last edited: May 14, 2021
  5. Kichang-Kim

Kichang-Kim

It can be easily reproduced. In my environment, if two UI Document shared same PanelSettings, Sort Order property in UI Document component does not work. But @pawelduda 's comment works for me (separating PanelSettings and set different Sort Order in PanelSettings)

6. antoine-unity

antoine-unity

Unity Technologies

Edit: I incorrectly reported that I reproduced this issue in this post.

I did not manage to reproduce this either on the mainline or with preview.14. Would you mind reporting this as a bug (Help > Submit a bug) so we can understand how to cause it ? Thanks

Last edited: May 18, 2021