Search Unity

Question How to make a visual effect equally well visible from any distance from camera?

Discussion in 'Visual Effect Graph' started by SBliznitsov, Nov 1, 2020.

1. SBliznitsov

SBliznitsov

Hello everyone!

I am looking for a way to make the VFX look the same at any distance from the camera. Now, when the camera is farther away, the effect first becomes dull and faintly noticeable, and then disappears completely.
    I am using VFX Graph on URP. Increasing bounds size and changing it coordinates from local to world has no effect.

I would be grateful for any help!

2. LordLulz

LordLulz

Bump. Looking for an answer to this too.

3. VladVNeykov

VladVNeykov

Unity Technologies

Hi!

You have a few options, depending on what exactly you are trying to do.

1. If you want particles to be whatever size you've set them to be but to not disappear when they get very far, then you can use the Subpixel anti-aliasing block in your output. It will cap particles to not go under 1 pixel on the screen. If they are transparent, their alpha value will also be reduced the smaller they would have gotten below 1 pixel:

2. If you want your particles to be a specific size in pixels or relative to your resolution, regardless of how far they are, you can use the Screen Space Size block in output:

This will give you the following result:

3. For anything custom, you can always just check the distance between your camera and each particle and create some custom logic to resize the particles:

This will give you something like this:

Hope this helps!

Attached Files:

Marie_G, Kirsche, SBliznitsov and 2 others like this.
  4. flyer19

flyer19

Thanks ! YES,add Screen Size FIXED ~

VladVNeykov likes this.
  5. SBliznitsov

SBliznitsov

Thanks for the detailed answer. Very useful information for me!

VladVNeykov likes this.