Search Unity

Question How to make a very limited Zillow like app?

Discussion in 'World Building' started by Programmingat23505, Aug 22, 2021.

1. Programmingat23505

Programmingat23505

Hi there,

I know a group that does door to door fundraising, for a football program, but coordinating whose been where and what the response of the house was is a struggle, so I suggested the idea of a app that you can click on the house you’ve been to and then click on it on a map and click enter in the answer, it would make the fundraiser much more efficient and less time would be wasted getting the answer of we already bought one, I looked into Google maps and such but nothing gives a clear answer. I don’t need it to be 3D just a map with property boundaries so you can click on the houses and set the value!

Thanks for your help!

2. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

There are many canvassing apps on Google Play already. I can't imagine writing one from scratch, along with the back end mapping service integration, would be easier than just buying three or four of them and trying them out for yourself.

3. Programmingat23505

Programmingat23505

may true, but the google maps sdk is free and all I was wondering is how to do the overlay, with buttons. I have a lot of time on my hands for this.

4. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

Does the google maps SDK give you lot boundary information, or at least some kind of address-level points?

All you need is to display the SDK results, then use the address "places" to generate dynamic buttons and hook them to a checkoff list.

5. Programmingat23505

Programmingat23505

No sadly it does not or I wouldn’t have a problem, but the google maps integration for unity has buildings and I’m looking for addresses too.