Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.
  2. We’re making changes to the Unity Runtime Fee pricing policy that we announced on September 12th. Access our latest thread for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Question How to make a URP VR portal?

Discussion in 'VR' started by NewMagic-Studio, May 14, 2023.

1. NewMagic-Studio

NewMagic-Studio

Hi,
    From what i read about the Render method in builtin you needed to disable the camera https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/Camera.Render.html, i did the same with RenderSingleCamera for URP but i see the method just executes in case i have the camera component active, i am not sure if having the camera active is fine or can have any problem, cause i am using two rendersinglecamera, one for each eye, but i camera doesn't actually render the objects belonging to the culling mask it has. I am applying to each camera stereo matrix for each eye, like this for left eye currentCamera.GetStereoProjectionMatrix(Camera.StereoscopicEye.Left);. Seems the projection matrix is wrong as if i don't change the camera matrix i can see the objects for each eye but wrong when i see with both eyes

2. NewMagic-Studio

NewMagic-Studio

I also noticed that objects look nearer than they should be, tried col = tex2D(_LeftTex, UnityStereoScreenSpaceUVAdjust(i.uv, _LeftTex_ST)); in shader instead col = tex2D(_LeftTex, screenUV); using float2 screenUV = i.screenPos.xy / i.screenPos.w; but doesn't work, just show the objects smaller
    Also rotation is wrong, seems camera projectionmatrix is not correct

3. NewMagic-Studio

NewMagic-Studio

This is my code
    Code (CSharp):
    2.     private void OnEnable()
    3.     {
    4.         //UnityEngine.XR.XRSettings.gameViewRenderMode = UnityEngine.XR.GameViewRenderMode.BothEyes;
    5.         RenderPipelineManager.beginCameraRendering += UpdateCurrentCam;
    6.     }
    8.     private void OnDisable()
    9.     {
    10.         RenderPipelineManager.beginCameraRendering -= UpdateCurrentCam;
    11.     }
    13.     void Start()
    14.     {
    15.         meshRenderer = GetComponent<MeshRenderer>();
    16.     }
    18.     void UpdateCurrentCam(ScriptableRenderContext context, Camera currentCamera)
    19.     {
    20.         if (meshRenderer != null && currentCamera.gameObject.name == "PortalCamera")
    21.         {
    22.             currentCamera.projectionMatrix = currentCamera.GetStereoProjectionMatrix(Camera.StereoscopicEye.Left);
    23.             UniversalRenderPipeline.RenderSingleCamera(context, currentCamera);
    24.             meshRenderer.material.SetTexture("_LeftTex", currentCamera.targetTexture);
    25.             currentCamera.projectionMatrix = currentCamera.GetStereoProjectionMatrix(Camera.StereoscopicEye.Right);
    26.             UniversalRenderPipeline.RenderSingleCamera(context, currentCamera);
    27.             meshRenderer.material.SetTexture("_RightTex", currentCamera.targetTexture);
    28.         }
    29.     }

4. NewMagic-Studio

NewMagic-Studio

upload_2023-5-14_17-37-34.png

I have seen code from other projects and they use obliquematrix but don't know why, what does obliquematrix? If i transform matrix with obliquematrix and it renders the box column in front of the camera but wrong. I have set the same models for both dimensions but the portal camera renders wrong scale and rotation, i have set the portal camera as child of main camera but render just the culling mask for objects in the other dimension

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 14, 2023