Search Unity

How to make a unitform game with Unity in 2d

Discussion in '2D' started by sahilshjmu, Feb 2, 2018.

1. sahilshjmu

sahilshjmu

Hello,

I am new to Unity but an experienced developer in Corona sdk.

Scenario: In corona, if i supply the width and Height once and make a game according to that then it works on al the resolutions. I am trying to make a similar thing in Unity. I have started with a simple 2D Solitaire card game.

I am targeting the canvas size as 720*1280, so my background is 720*1280 then i have a lot of options buttons and cards that i want to place in proper spacing from each other.

Problem: Right now it is working fine in all aspect Ratios of 1.77 but losing width on devices lesser than this ratio or showing extra blue space on devices with ratio more than 1.77.

Is there a way that my game will look fine on all the devices, I am just targeting Android for now.

Someone suggest me to make a game in one resolution and then make a file where i can either increase or decrease the size of cards or background and all positioning based on different Aspect Ratios.

I think this will be a headache to align and resize all graphics according to all Aspect Ratios and then detect at Runtime and change accordingly.

Please suggest me a better way to achieve this.

here is the reference game i am trying to make: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.funtap.twistedsolitaire

Please please please answer here. Thanks in Advance.

Sahil sharma

2. sahilshjmu

sahilshjmu

Hello Anyone please reply if know how to do this.
    If its not possible then please at least say its not possible so i stop searching for this solution.