Search Unity

How to make a T-Rex eat something

Discussion in 'Animation' started by durukanozanalp, May 2, 2019.

1. durukanozanalp

durukanozanalp

Hi.

I am working on a project where the player plays as a t-rex. The t-rex asset has all the animations on itself no problem with that, licenced product. I couldn't figure out how the other object moves with and inside of the mouth.

Imagine the mouth grabs the object and after couple of chewing it swallows, like in a crocodile documentray. And i am considering to create couple of different objects for this action.

2. PGJ

PGJ

Place the objects you want to follow the mouth as childs object of the mouth, they should now follow the T-rex.

3. durukanozanalp

durukanozanalp

And instantiate all the new objects as child, rgiht? Because i want this mini game as an endless runner.

4. PGJ

PGJ

Yes, anything you want to go into the mouth, should be set as a child.

5. durukanozanalp

durukanozanalp

Ok. But this time a new question arises which is that i am going to move my t-rex in the endless run, child objects will also move as the t-rex moves. So how can i make the objects move independent till t-rex grabs them?

Is it possible to set them as child, let's say from being independet to, after OnTriggerEnter for instance?

Last edited: May 4, 2019
  6. durukanozanalp

durukanozanalp

I might have found a way:
    1- Every instantiated gameObject will have a script which references the t-rex's mouth as parent object.
    2- They will make the mouth as parent after entering the designated collider zone with OnTriggerEnter.
    3- Then they will follow the mouth.