Search Unity

How to make a Radial Mesh/Shader Cool-down Counter-effect

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Mortalanimal, Dec 27, 2019.

1. Mortalanimal

Mortalanimal

Hi, I have Selection Circle and I want to include an effect that allows me to show the Cool Down on some skill based on how much of this selection circle is visible. Meaning if my CD is 0 all of the Circle is Visible, if its 50%, then only 1/2 of the circle is visible, Is there a way to do that?

Thanks in advance

This is the way my selection circle Looks Currently:

2. All_American

All_American

Have you looked at using a UI image in world space using a filled image type?

3. Mortalanimal

Mortalanimal

atm, thats how my health bar is, problem is, each unit has his own canvus and its starting to get very taxing. I thought of adding this indicator to the same canvus as my healthBar, the problem is, the health-Bar canvus is always facing the camera.

Tbh, I am thinking of finding a different way of showing my health bars because "UI image in world space" its just way too taxing. or maybe I am doing something wrong

4. Chris-Trueman

Chris-Trueman

I would look up how to dissolve a mesh, it uses alpha masking I believe you could use it for this.

5. Mortalanimal

Mortalanimal

Thanks bro, I will look into it. If you know of any link or guides I would greatly appreciate it.

6. Mortalanimal

Mortalanimal

I purchased an asset called "Advanced Dissolve", I was going to use it for building construction/de-construction, I wounder if it will work for this.

7. Chris-Trueman

Chris-Trueman

It should after looking at the asset.