Search Unity

How to make a quiz game in unity3D?

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by ninzpodador, Nov 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ninzpodador

ninzpodador

I'm a beginner in using a unity3D. My thesis in school to make a simple RPG Educational game. And the most highlight is the quiz game. Now, my question is how to make a Quiz Game in Unity3D. How to store data questions and answers and how it will be displayed in the scene of the game. What to be use? What are the things should I do? Is there any video tutorial about making a quiz game in Unity3D? Can somebody help me please....

jugendrabhati and cd14039 like this.
  2. TonyLi

TonyLi

As you're already identified, most of the framework will consist of data (questions and answers) and UI (displaying in the scene of your game). Here are my thoughts:

If you're handy with scripting, you can write a simple reader for XML, JSON, or CSV (spreadsheet) format. Otherwise, you could use an in-editor extension such as Game Data Editor. The important thing is to keep your data separate from your code. Don't put the actual question data inside your scripts.

You could define multiple choice questions like this:

<question>
    <prompt>Who was the first president of the United States of America?</prompt>
    <answer correct=false>Genghis Khan</answer>
    <answer correct=true>George Washington</answer>
    <answer correct=false>Brad Pitt</answer>​
    <question>​

I'll skip implementation details, since this is the Game Design forum.

Then you need a way to display questions and answers. This depends on what GUI system you use. Unity 4.6 was just released with a new UI system. Since you're just getting started, you might consider using it. Tutorials are here.

If you want additional flash, such as voiceover like in games such as You Don't Know Jack, you could specify parameters in the data for each question. One option is to use a cutscene editor such as uSequencer or Cinema Director to play things like voiceover, animation, or camera movement.

Finally, you need to keep track of the score. This involves storing the number of correct/incorrect answers, usually in some variables in a script, and also showing the score using whatever GUI system you've chosen.

Or you could use an existing quiz product such as Quiz Maker or Action Quiz Game Example. Or even an interactive dialogue product such as the Dialogue System. If you'd like a free academic-use-only license for the Dialogue System, please email me at tony (at) pixelcrushers.com from an educational institution email address (e.g., .edu).

3. ninzpodador

ninzpodador

thank you very much...i will try all this ...and if i will have questions i will contact you at your email address. If you don't mind can I add you in my facebook so that I can contact you easily?

4. TonyLi

TonyLi

I replied to your PM.

5. firasb

firasb

hey dude did you find your solution i'm trying to make something like you but no idea

6. LeftyRighty

LeftyRighty

the OP hasn't been seen on the forum since this time last year (if you click on the username it'll show you), and with the new UI any solution would likely be out of date...

7. seba_s9

seba_s9

8. panagiotisvakalopoulos2005

panagiotisvakalopoulos2005

9. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

I think you meant to type your question into Google. It will give you much better results. See:

Screen Shot 2022-01-16 at 12.36.48 PM.png

TonyLi likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.