Search Unity

How to make a Doodle God Gae

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by Ethyx, May 5, 2018.

1. Ethyx

Ethyx

So for one of my first few games I wanted to take inspiration from a game called Doodle Gods (not copy it just the idea of a crafting puzzle game with drag and drop and outputs). Does anyone have any idea how to do this and/or has a video/guide on how to script something like this. Thank you.

2. Doug_B

Doug_B

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  3. Doug_B

Doug_B

Hi Ethyx,

To be honest, that is fairly straight forward to do. It really depends on how you want it to look, feel, act, respond etc.

A good starting point is this link for Unity tutorials. Maybe start by using a Unity UI canvas to put some image components on to begin some visuals. Then add drag and move. Then add actions when the drop overlaps another image component.

But really, you need to make a start and just give something a go yourself. When you have a specific problem, then come back with a specific question including details of what you have tried to solve it. Otherwise the answer you get is always going to be somewhat vague - - - rather like this one. :)

4. EternalAmbiguity

EternalAmbiguity

I think I've actually seen the person who made Doodle Gods on this forum, though I don't remember their name.

5. Pixelith

Pixelith

I would look into OnMouseDown, OnMouseDrag, and OnMouseUp for starters. There's probably better solutions out there like normal raycasting but this is where I would start. Have OnMouseDown activate a bool, if the bool is true, make the object follow the mouse. OnMouseUp would deactivate the bool, and when the bool is false, physics would take care of the rest. It's a lot of trial and error but should be something to get you started.

6. Doug_B

Doug_B

I would advise people against clicking on that link- not sure how it relates to this thread.

7. verybinary

verybinary

What are you talking about?
    applesupportphonenumbers is an amazing game. It is definitely full of mega production value
    Definitly not an attempt at trying to phish us without any forethought or strategy.
    I rated it 6 stars on google iTunes and apple play

Joe-Censored likes this.