Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Question How to make a dll for webgl?

Discussion in 'Web' started by Marks4, Jun 26, 2022.

1. Marks4

Marks4

@brendanduncan_u3d @gtk2k @De-Panther @GroovyKoala I am not sure this is the right place to ask this, but how can I make a dll plugin for webgl? Take this free plugin that I made for example. A plugin with a jslib, jspre and a C# file. I want to make these files a single dll(not my free plugin, it's just an example. If I can do it with my free plugin then I can do it with the new plugin I'm making). At the very least I want to do so with the C# file if it's not possible to do it with the others. So the user imports and use the dll without access to the source code. How can I do this? I know it's possible because I've seen at least one webgl plugin that is closed source. Thank you for your time.

2. CodeSmile

CodeSmile

Afaik the process for making DLLs is the same as for any other Unity platform. However WebGL restrictions apply, ie you can only use C# .NET DLLs.

As for the javascript code embedded in the DLL I don‘t know if this is possible.

3. Marks4

Marks4

Which is? How can I make them? Can you point to me a tutorial or video? Thanks!

Probably not possible then ;_;

4. Marks4

Marks4

I found out how to make the dll for the C# files. Does anybody know how to do it for the jslib files?

5. Marks4

Marks4