Search Unity

1. Get all the Unite Berlin 2018 news on the blog.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2018.2 has arrived! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. ARCore is out of developer preview! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Magic Leap’s Lumin SDK Technical Preview for Unity lets you get started creating content for Magic Leap One™. Find more information on our blog!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

How to make a class and data model diagram of a Unity 3D game?

Discussion in 'Documentation' started by pabro, Jun 25, 2018.

1. pabro

pabro

Hello,

For my software engineering class I've been developing a small platformer videogame on Unity 3D. I've been asked to present the class diagrams and to present a data model of my software, which in this case would be my videogame. If I'm not mistaken Unity uses an entity-component-system, which necessarily doesn't use heritage. How would a class diagram from a Unity game look like? It would really help me if someone could show me an example so I could understand better.

Also, I've been taught that usually data model refers to entity-relationship-models that represent a database. In the case my game doesn't use a database, how could I diagram the way the player's data is store on the game?

Thanks!