Search Unity

How to Login to Reflect for employees without Unity Account?

Discussion in 'Unity Reflect' started by garrido86, May 26, 2021.

1. garrido86

garrido86

I'm working on a custom Reflect Viewer based app where we fetch BIM365 projects and the App needs to be accessed by employees that don't have a Unity Account. What are our options in this case?

2. DavidMenard

DavidMenard

Unity Technologies

Hey Garrido,
    Unfortunately, there is no workaround to this at the moment. Everyone who needs to access Reflect Apps will need a Unity account.

3. dvstratek

dvstratek

can we login unity reflect just with token?

4. garrido86

garrido86

After the response from DavidMenard I immediately started building my own solution baked by a competing BIM conversion service and never looked back to Reflect.

5. Andrzej-Skibinski

Andrzej-Skibinski

For us this is also a pain-point, as we have an existing backend, and don't want to create new unity accounts for users. not to mention having to log into two services from our app to access all data.
    @DavidMenard
    I noticed in reflect roadmap that there is a anonymous login in development, would that solve this?

Last edited: Nov 18, 2021
  6. garrido86

garrido86

I have not seen the roadmap and if its solve the problem is hard to say since "anonymous login" doesn't give much information what it entails. IMHO the most flexible solution is offering a flat license per project and platform, similar to Wikitude's licensing offerings. Anyway I wish the Reflect Team good luck!