Search Unity

1. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

How to "log out" of plastic to use different account?

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by OmnifariousStudios, Nov 4, 2020.

1. OmnifariousStudios

OmnifariousStudios

We use Plastic SCM at work, and it's been great. Would love to use it for my personal side projects, but I'm not sure I understand how to stop using my work account and switch to using my personal account so that I don't accidentally upload something into the wrong place.

Any help/advice would be really appreciated.

Khang_Pham likes this.
  2. Khang_Pham

Khang_Pham

3. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

squiDan likes this.
  4. SaraLisaVogl

SaraLisaVogl

5. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Yes, if you run the command
    plastic --configure
    on Windows, then it should open a similar sign in window that will allow you to change which account is signed into Plastic SCM.

Smit_Studiokrew, thesuch and Wippo like this.
  6. miracletechteam1

miracletechteam1

upload_2022-3-21_13-33-7.png

On some PC we got this menu instead of login menu, we are very confused right now.
    Please help :'

*Reinstalling doesn't help
    *on CMD C:\Program Files\PlasticSCM5\client\plastic.exe --configure > same result

7. Sravzz

Sravzz

Unity Technologies

Hi @miracletechteam1,
    I am sorry you are running into this issue.
    I am assuming you want to use PlasticSCM with Unity Project. If that's the case, have you tried installing the Version Control package in Unity yet?
    If you have the Version Control package installed, did you try installing PlasticSCM from the package? If not, first uninstall PlasticSCM then in the gear menu of PlasticSCM window in the Unity editor, if you choose "Launch Plastic SCM" it will ask if you want to download and install PlasticSCM cloud edition.
    Can you try that and see if that resolves your login issue?

8. mgrigorov_bg

mgrigorov_bg

It is great that you've not put "log out" button and I need to Format my MacBook or PC to log out.
    Nothing of the previous things work.

Eristen likes this.
  9. Chris_Blaser

Chris_Blaser

im strugeling too with the login/logout. sorry to say, but this stupid workflow of plastic with the logins is absolutly nonsence and more then supid. Same problem as some of you; two unity accounts. Sadly the first time was the wrong one, so tried the right one, but plastic now is always on the wrong one, which I can`t change...

Deinstalling doese'nt do the trick nor try to delete the current session, nor commandline stuff like in here.

did work a lot with plastic in the past, but this crap is total new and a buggy and lazy way from unity...

hyokang likes this.
  10. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi everyone, we understand your frustration with the current account-handling process of Plastic SCM. That's why we're working on a new onboarding process that will add the feature of account switching to the Plastic SCM client to help address this issue.

In the meantime, if you'd like to change which account you're logged into Plastic SCM with, go to your plastic4 directory (under $HOME/.plastic4 on Linux/Mac systems or C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\plastic4 on Windows), then delete the client.conf file. When you reopen either the Plastic SCM client or the Unity Editor that has a Plastic SCM workspace, you'll be asked again to log in. From there, you can pick which account you'd like to login with.

hyokang likes this.
  11. BDowning

BDowning

I have deleted the file client.conf, and when I click sign in it just says You correctly signed up to plasticscm.com! but doesn't allow me to do anything past that. If I close the window it just asks me to login or sign up again

12. BDowning

BDowning

Want to add that I have completely uninstalled unity editor, hub and plasticscm. Even went into all of my appdata and deleted anything related, then searched my c: drive for SCM and Unity and deleted absolutely everything and am still getting this error.

hyokang likes this.
  13. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

14. SunnysideGames

SunnysideGames

I believe you have to switch back to Legacy GUI in order for the command "plastic --configure" to work. That's how I was able to switch accounts on Windows.

Interestingly, after using this command, even with the new GUI, the account can now be changed from the preferences window.

VMoschini likes this.
  15. vtzay

vtzay

i found similar bug.

I spent about an hour figuring out what happened - I hope by telling about it here I will help someone.

I was setting up permissions for the repositories and I needed to change my account to another one for check this.
    To change the account, I used the new GUI, because this feature absent in legacy GUI. I changed my account with a new one. After that, I could not return to the old one and I did not have a single repository available. It is worth noting that I restricted access for this account, but in app header been wroten ("myfirstaccount" (administrator)).
    The tricks with "plastic --configure" and deleting the client.conf file didn't work for me. However, something else helped me - I deleted the files: client.conf AND profiles.conf.
    Then I ran "plastic --configure" and logged into my account. Next REBOOT plastic client and everything began to work fine.

16. Kaiirin

Kaiirin

What a mess, Plastic SCM auto log and there is not a ***ing way to logout without going into CMD, deleting files or stuff like that, really? The LOG OUT button is missing???? You really learned nothing from Collab in years....

Eristen likes this.
  17. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @Kaiirin, if you install the latest version of the Plastic SCM client, you can log out or switch between different Plastic SCM accounts you might have.

18. SoyElPadre

SoyElPadre

nope.. I still can't log gout even with the plastic --configure ... and I just downloaded the latest version... It always just auto-connects as soon as I want to sign in with a Unity ID...

19. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @SoyElPadre, are you using the legacy client or the new PlasticX SCM client? Check the About page for the client and if it doesn't say that you're using PlasticX SCM then click on the message in the corner that asks you to give the new UI a try.

Once you're switched to the new and improved UI look at the top-right. You should see an account icon with your initials.
    Screen Shot 2022-06-15 at 11.20.13 AM.png
    If you click on that and then on Manage Accounts, it should take you to the Home Screen where you can select an account from a dropdown list. Once you've logged in with another account then it'll automatically log you out of the previous one.
    Screen Shot 2022-06-15 at 11.22.17 AM.png

20. redshiftgames

redshiftgames

There should be a remove account option as well!

Jiffer, wmwhonest and Smit_Studiokrew like this.
  21. AlexLeBrasOudon

AlexLeBrasOudon

Hello,
    I am trying to connect a new project with a repository.
    However I am already connected to a repository and I can't change afterwards.
    The proof is in the picture: the other repositories are in gray when I want to change.
    I'm on Mac.
    How on earth can I finally change repository to start working?
    Thanks for your help,
    Alex Le Bras

Attached Files:

22. Danny327

Danny327

Unity Technologies

When you're in the manage account panel, you will see the three-dotted radio button next to the account you want to remove. Click the button, and you'll see the button for account removal.

upload_2022-10-28_11-33-22.png

23. LilGames

LilGames

Hi. I just want to LOG OUT, not switch account or remove my account.