Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

How to load sprite on script

Discussion in '2D' started by iktakgames, Nov 14, 2013.

1. iktakgames

iktakgames

Hi i need to acceso to an Script with Resourced.Load but this not wors, my image name is "Character" and the Sprite Name is "Chatacter_1".
    Thanks

2. unitylover

unitylover

Create a reference variable and store your sprite in it, then reference the variable when you want to load it. Unless you include more information or a bit of code then I cannot help you further.

3. Ravl

Ravl

Hi, same question I have. I will try to be more specific:

I create a Sprite Object: "ScreenBackground"

and I have in my Assets folder 2 images: "living.jpg" and "bedroom.jpg".

I want to asign to my ScreenBackground objects one of those 2 images while running the game. For example when pressing 1 to show living and when pressign2 to show bedroom. How should we do that?

I created this script and stick it to my ScreenBackground object, but I still don't know how to 'load' the image at runtime..
    Code (csharp):
    2.     private SpriteRenderer mySprite;
    4.     // Use this for initialization
    5.     void Start () {
    6.         mySprite = GetComponent<SpriteRenderer>();
    7.     }
    Thanks

4. Callski

Callski

I would recommend creating a prefab of the sprite and dragging that prefab into the resources folder. Then you can Instantiate the object Instantiate(Resources.Load("TestSprite")); If you wanted to you could also save the sprite as a GameObject variable to manipulate after creation: GameObject sprite = (GameObject)Instantiate(Resources.Load("TestSprite"));

5. Ravl

Ravl

Well, I have like 80 scenes, so 80 images and in every scene i plenty of objects (images).

You are telling me to create a prefab for every image??

6. iktakgames

iktakgames

The problem is that i have the sprite and resources,but i cant load it from resoures and add to spriterenderer sprite. This not wotks.