Search Unity

How to load and then hide a random image from multiple ones on canvas. Urgent (please respond)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zerkalo108, Jun 1, 2022.

1. Zerkalo108

Zerkalo108

Hi there! Pretty new to Unity so please bear with me!
    The project I must do is very simple: I have different simple 3d objects (spheres,stars, cubes) which act like buttons. OnTap or OnMouseButtonDown I must zoom in on the object I tapped (or make it bigger as if to open up) and load a random Jpg from a list of Jpegs. It should look as if the image was in the object or atleast the canvas should fade in very close to it's surface.

What I have done so far: I have succesfully set up and hooked up the models to be reactive to tap/mouseclick. Now I must understand how to make only one of the thirty images appear within the canvas before I close it.
    I have added some images and converted them to 2d/UI sprites and put the images on the canvas.

-How to call each of the images within the canvas (let's say I've named them image1, image2 ... image30)
    -How to make the zoom in on the object before the canvas appears- Should I use a camera zoom to each object or rather make the object come closer to the camera (whichever is easier to configure)

Thanks so much for any advice in advance!
    I would usually resort to tutorials and documentaion but I have only a day and a half till this is due!

2. CodeKiwi

CodeKiwi

This might help as a starting point. Might be worth checking Cinemachine if you have the time. This kind of question should also probably be posted in Scripting.
    Code (CSharp):
    1. using UnityEngine;
    2. using UnityEngine.UI;
    4. [RequireComponent(typeof(Camera))]
    5. public class Test : MonoBehaviour
    6. {
    7.     public Image image;
    8.     public Sprite[] sprites;
    9.     public Transform moveToTarget;
    10.     public float maxDistanceDelta = 1;
    11.     public float stopDistance = 2;
    13.     void Start()
    14.     {
    15.         image.sprite = sprites[Random.Range(0, sprites.Length)];
    16.     }
    18.     void Update()
    19.     {
    20.         if (Vector3.Distance(moveToTarget.position, transform.position) > stopDistance)
    21.         {
    22.             transform.position = Vector3.MoveTowards(transform.position, moveToTarget.position, maxDistanceDelta * Time.deltaTime);
    23.         }
    24.         transform.LookAt(moveToTarget);
    25.     }
    26. }