Search Unity

How to load a unity game from server and store it in the Mobile (both platfrom android and ios)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Acepari, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Acepari

Acepari

Hii everyone,
    I want to make app, in this app there are multiple game in one app which is download from server whenever player wants to play that game , and this downloaded game will be store in the local storage of that device
    If anyone has any idea about this problem plz reply , it will a great help!!!

2. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Unity needs all the scripts included in the build, but you can download all the other assets using Asset Bundles.

3. angrypenguin

angrypenguin

Last I checked I'm pretty sure this was specifically forbidden by the iOS developer terms.

Meltdown, neginfinity, Havyx and 2 others like this.
  4. Havyx

Havyx

• 2.5.8 Apps that create alternate desktop/home screen environments or simulate multi-app widget experiences will be rejected.

I believe that is the specific clause but not 100% sure. I've heard of other apps being rejected due to the base "game"/app having the ability to load other games which technically counts as a multi-app experience.

5. angrypenguin

angrypenguin

That's one. There also used to be (and may still be) stuff about deploying executable code in ways that circumvent their approval system.

Haven't mobile dev'd in a while, though. May have changed.

6. Neto_Kokku

Neto_Kokku

That one seems to be enforced with a disturbingly degree of variance:
    • Microsoft's xCloud and Google's Stadia were rejected because Apple said they would need the games, even if they are streamed, should be individually listed, rated, and reviewed on the appstore.

• GameClub is an iOS game subscription service, which actually competes with Apple Arcade. All of its games are published by GameClub themselves and are actually listed separately on and installed from the appstore, the app being merely a hub linking them all. Seems it was rejected around a hundred times before it was finally approved.

• Roblox, a staple in the top grossing charts, laughs at the face of this and a few other rules somehow. Not only there are thousand of games which you browse and play directly inside the app, they are all made by other people, loading user-made scripts and assets onto the device. Maybe the "shared Universe" nature of Roblox (where you carry your avatar across games) somehow made it fly under Apple's radar during a more lenient review period, and now that it's generating tons of revenue Apple is willing to look the other way.
    Anyway, the takeaway is that if you're going to do this there's no guarantee you'll get past Apple and Google's review process (specially Apple's). You'll likely have to make significant changes to your business model, your UI, how the games are distributed, and whatever else the reviewers feel like, over and over again, and can still end up rejected.

At any case, neither Apple nor Google allow apps to download native executable code, so you can't have an app that downloads actual distinct Unity games. At most you'll be able to download some kind of interpreted scripts (like Lua) plus assets.