Search Unity

Question How to limit the number of people on a VIvox channel

Discussion in 'Lobby' started by ingxel, Feb 4, 2023.

1. ingxel

ingxel

Hi Guys

I'm creating a game using Unity and Vivox, but I want to create a channel for the number of people specified in Vivox.

I want to prevent the fourth person from joining the channel when the maximum number of people in the channel is 3 and 3 or more users participate.

thank you.

2. UnityGarChar

UnityGarChar

Unity Technologies

Hey, unity_ZBsMW3BIkkCSDA!

Could you elaborate on your use case?

We don't have a mechanism to limit the number of users in a channel such as creating a channel with a max player size of N.
    This is something you would need to manage on your end based on your game's mechanics.
    As an example, channel participant limitations are typically inherited by game mechanics/nuances such as:
    • A group of 4 on a team
    • A group of 8 in a game Lobby
    • A group of 100 in a Battle Royal map
    As opposed to saying I want to create a channel with a max size of N and let players arbitrarily join it until it fills, we have the game client group players based on their own rules and create a channel with the relevant players once they are ready.

3. ingxel

ingxel

Thanks for the reply!

What I want to do is know if other users are online and detect login/logout.

I have seen a thread that "PresenceSubscription" does not seem to work, so I am looking for alternatives.
    PresenceSubscription stops working after subscribed accounts logs out and in again

By having all logged in users join the same channel, joining and leaving a room would be equivalent to logging in and logging out, and being in the channel would mean being online.
    Let's say the name of this channel is "GameLobby".

If there are 10,000 concurrent users, there will be 10,000 people in the "GameLobby" room.

If you want to create a small group of people, you can create a separate channel from "GameLobby" and go on quests, for example.

sorry for my english
    thanks