Search Unity

How to limit the angle of a freelook camera

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by Radiago, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Radiago

Radiago

Hi, I'm wondering how any of you would approach doing something where you could limit the angles around the x-axis of a freelook camera? I'm trying to achieve something akin to looking through a keyhole or a grate, and cinemachine has been great so far but I'm running into trouble with this. I tried limiting the axis via the SetThresholds function but it appears that is done in world-space, and I'm really looking to do it in local space as part of a prefab. I've thought of just adjusting the bias value and doing the clamping on my own before I set it, but I was wondering if there was a better way or maybe a different direction or starting spot that I hadn't thought of. Any help is much appreciated!

Mrtreeman likes this.
  2. Radiago

Radiago

Ok, had a thought this morning that turned out to work. I just added a piece to my script that sets the thresholds, to also change the bias heading based on the root transform's rotation. Worked beautifully. Replying here for prosperity and I suppose to share the knowledge. Thanks for making such a great camera system guys, I love it!

Mrtreeman, azevedco and Adam_Myhill like this.
  3. Mrtreeman

Mrtreeman

Thanks, that helped a bunch!

Radiago likes this.