Search Unity

How To License My Assets

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shaanig01, May 21, 2020.

1. shaanig01

shaanig01

Hello, a lazy hobbie dev here,

Finally made somewhat a good game and I'm almost finished, about to publish it but I have a question.

I have 3 sounds that are under licensed CC-NC, I have credited them in my credits section. But my question is how can I license my creations, my created assets from blender and etc..., I'm new in this area but I did publish a game but that game almost had no assets, and the assets didn't matter, licensing my assets isn't that important at the moment but I would like to know as I move on.

Like should I create a text file inside my assets stating "these assets belong to me, bla bla etc..", or maybe in my main menu?, any example would be appreciating and I know there are other sites explaining this and I did check from boogling, but I'm still not exactly sure how its done o_O , so yep :rolleyes:

2. Mauri

Mauri

3. I don't really understand, are you planning to release your game's source as well or just publish it?
    If you publish your game you don't have to license your assets, no one is allowed to use them, it[s under your (or their creator's copyright).
    If you publish your source as well, be careful about any third-party assets you used because not everything can be published in a source code/source file form.

4. shaanig01

shaanig01

Not the source code, just publishing the builded result.

No wonder no results were poppin when I boogled "Unity How To License My Assets" on boogle. This is good news, because I find the licensing stuff really boring. After I red unity's personal license for an a hooooooour.

I know about this, I saw it somewhere you have to mentions its licenses or ownerships too.

[SOLVED]

- happy coding!

@shaanig01

5. shaanig01

shaanig01

So this is how they copy those texts to mark there ownerships. But what I make or my assets in my builded result, if I have the ownership except the other ones that I borrowed and mentioned it in credits. I'm okay.

6. MDADigital

MDADigital

The assets in the build are automatically protected. Its not legal for someone to decode your binaries and use the data inside.