Search Unity

How to launch Unity after it's installed?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by ehrawesomedude, Sep 30, 2018.

1. ehrawesomedude

ehrawesomedude

I used the most recent linux setup manager to install unity on Ubuntu 18.04. I know it worked because it launched after installation and ran fine. After closing it I can't figure out to get it to launch again. There is no Unity listed in the applications and i tried to run unity-editor and unity3d in the terminal but that didn't work. There are a couple of directories for unity installed but I don't see any that have a launcher or executables?

2. Tak

Tak

Sorry, this will be improved with Unity Hub (try it now!)
    With the old installer, it's Editor/Unity inside the directory where you chose to install it.

3. Brogan89

Brogan89

You can use Unity Hub on linux now yes, this makes me so happy!! I must've missed the memo. Awesome! I've always been creating a desktop launcher in `~/.local/share/applications`

4. gromilQaaaa

gromilQaaaa

I want to ask some question related to topic name:
    1) I launch teamcity server and agent in docker
    2) I've made an image with installed unity 2018.2.7f1
    3) I launch building using my unity image:
    I see that -username, -password, -serial still don't work with -batchmode. So I had to remove it. Now I have these warnings:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. npm ERR! missing: unity-editor-home@2.1.4, required by unity-editor@5.7.0
    2. npm ERR! missing: unityeditor-cloud-hub@0.0.15, required by unity-editor@5.7.0
    3. npm ERR! missing: unityeditor-collab-toolbar@0.7.16, required by unity-editor@5.7.0
    and finally building stops with exit code 1:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. (Unity:6): Gtk-WARNING **: 11:55:19.904: cannot open display:
    What did I do wrong?
    PS: what does "sudo chown -R $USER:$USER Unity-2018.2.7f1" do? It gives some rights to installer, but what's the point to launch it after installation? I got installation in docker container working even without it.