Search Unity

How to know my users are coming from which source in Google Play

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by Only4gamers, Aug 15, 2020.

1. Only4gamers

Only4gamers

Hello everyone,
    Maybe this question is not related to Unity Analytics. I want to know my users are coming from which source/website etc to my Google Play Game Page. Is this possible with Unity Analytics? One solution everyone talking about is Google Analytics SDK. But I don't want to use Google Analytics In-Game, Because I already using Unity Analytics. Is this is possible without using SDK?

2. Only4gamers

Only4gamers

3. Kotzman

Kotzman

My understanding is that you'll need some Marketing Attribution in order to know that. Google Analytics will probably get you that for Google Play. Maybe if you use Unity Ads you could also get attribution. There are other Marketing Attribution services like Appsflyer and Kochava. But I'm pretty sure you can't get attribution with Unity Analytics.

SamOYUnity3D and Only4gamers like this.
  4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Unity Analytics doesn't provide attribution

Only4gamers likes this.
  5. Only4gamers

Only4gamers

OK, I understand this. Is Unity Ads provide attribution? As said by jkotzian? What I should use for attribution?

6. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

No, that isn't correct unfortunately. Using Unity Ads won't tell you where the user came from when visiting Google Play, that isn't our web property. Users haven't installed your game at that point so Unity Analytics isn't running. Perhaps Google already has web Analytics available on your Google Play product landing page.

Only4gamers likes this.