Search Unity

How to just rate? Without writing review

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Nirvan, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Nirvan

Nirvan

I want to give ratings for some assets but I don't want to write so many reviews for each.
    For now I was reviewing but I don't see any way to just rate it with stars.
    When I want write empty review, page is requesting to write text.
    I see on many assets that there are for example 200 ratings with 80 reviews.
    I want give just rating.
    Maybe some reviews are not showing because of region etc. but I'm sure there is option to just rate.
    I am blind?

2. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

There is no way to do such thing any more. If you want to rate an asset it is a requirement that it comes with a little bit of text. Maybe have something generic that works for a wide range of assets whether it's art, sounds or plugins. And just copy/paste it.
    Publishers are very grateful to customers leaving reviews / rating.

AndrewAssetStore and Nirvan like this.
  3. Antypodish

Antypodish

I am glad to see, that pure reviews rating without text is no allowed anymore.
    This prevent's from situation, where negative, or positive ratings are given, without justification.
    That way is easier to observe, more genuine ratings, rather than just lazy ratings.
    Also prevents anonymous bomb reviews/ratings.

Nirvan likes this.
  4. devotid

devotid

The only problem with this is that all the new assets do not get a level playing field in regards to reviews. The old asset store used to allow just clicking in a list. Most of the top assets in the store nowadays are riding that old system with hundreds of ratings. How do we compensate for that? Even my free assets barely get one review a month with around 200-300 downloads a month.

Myself I would like to see the old way come back.... as I am very busy and just rating them quickly in a list would make me (and more busy devs) more encouraged to review quickly. I only spend the absolute minimum amount of time on the store. haha.

my $0.02

Stevens-R-Miller likes this.