Search Unity

How to introduce something new?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by xKosta, Aug 7, 2019.

1. xKosta

xKosta

Hi everyone,

I want to show you something of my work but I don't know how exactly. Two years ago I developed a software design to develop games and over the time it became really good. Today I think it is worth it to show it the world and to get some feedback about it. The problem is, it is not a small thing, it is more like the space shuttle, if you understand it, it can lift anything you want. Do you have any advice for me, how I should introduce this to you? e.g. youtube videos

Ony likes this.
  2. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

Well would help if you actually explain what it is a bit, rather than speaking in hypotheticals. Very hard to give targeted advice without knowing the target.

Kiwasi and SparrowGS like this.
  3. xKosta

xKosta

I call it Frankenstein Design or Frankenstein API. It covers all aspects of software development.

For example
    1. A software architecture with Model, Controller, View Layer.
    2. Maintainable and exchangeable code, project wide
    3. A system to build up a game and not only to control the view or something else.
    4. Good S.O.L.I.D. cover at all

Well it is quite difficult to describe, I could tell you all of it, but this would be definitely too much. All I can say is, it is the way how I developed games the last 2 years and I want to spread my thoughts and experience with you all.

4. Antypodish

Antypodish

TonyLi, Ryiah and MadeFromPolygons like this.
  5. What do you want?

If you want to give away your home-made framework:
    - upload to github if it isn't there yet
    -- post in the made with unity
    -- make video and written tutorials for it and put them in there and/or in the community learn section
    - or you can put it on the asset store if it's good and clean enough (can be separated from the game), and optionally you can ask for money if it's really good and you want (I doubt that a framework can be viable product here though)
    -- also do the posts and tutorials

If you want to talk about your method of working:
    - open a thread about it in scripting
    -- write something about it actually, because what you did here is almost nothing
    -- make tutorials/videos about your method and put them in the community learn section

Learn how to describe things and such, because what you did here wasn't the best. How do you want to communicate more complex topics if a simple description of what you are talking about is hard for you? No offense.

Kiwasi likes this.
  6. Ony

Ony

You could start a Gamasutra blog and write about your system there. That way it's available to a wider audience beyond this forum. I'm interested, so I'd like to read about it when you get some info up. :)

7. xKosta

xKosta

Thank you for your help and ideas. I can fully understand, that the given information are way too vague, but if I go all in with my ideas and concepts, it would be too much to read and too hard to understand.

@Lurking-Ninja thank you for the small guideline I will go with that. @Ony Gamasutra sounds nice but my system is completely Unity related, so I stay here for the moment.

Ony likes this.
  8. Billy4184

Billy4184

Show an example of making something with it. All the theory in the world won't beat a simple example.

Kiwasi, xVergilx and MadeFromPolygons like this.