Search Unity

How To: Install PiMax 4K on Windows 10 properly and make it work with Unity 2017?

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by AlanMattano, Dec 28, 2017.

1. AlanMattano

AlanMattano

[Dic 2017]

Hi there,

I wish to Install my used PiMax on my Pc and make it work with Unity. Is it compatible?

I'm using Gtx1080Ti last drivers and 4K monitor, Windows 10 and Unity 2017.3 final3. and I wish to connect this PiMax 4K

Is my first time using PiMax and look like the setup is very complicated. I purchase a used PiMax 4K because the owner was not able to install properly after reinstalling windows. Looks like the recognition of the hardware is very difficult.
    • I was able to download the drivers from the official download
      link: https://www.pimaxvr.com/en/piplay/
    • I make a scan using antivirus and Unzip it and scan one more time.
    • I disconnect from Internet, pause antivirus and started installing the PiPlay Setup exe (Vr. 2.0.5.46)
    • Turn off my Pc and connect the Vr PiMax 4k USB 3 and HDMI to GPU. I start my pc.
    • I run VC.exe and also I unrar Dx.rar and I run DXSETUP.exe . I restart the PC one more time.
    • For starting the device I press the device power button for 7 seconds and the led turns on green and then blue.

Do I need to enter as administrator and install the drivers from that user?

From now things are more complex and do not know how to proceed.

• There was no link icon to C:\Program Files\Pimax\PiPlay2\PiPlayDesktop.exe So i make one and I run it.
    • I run PiPlayDesktop but I must run it as administrator mode (very strange)
    • The PiMax is not recognized. The icon turns green but the device USB is unrecognized and there is no Windows audio sign of USB connection when I connect or disconnect the cable. But the screen is working showing the desktop.
    • The device screen connected to the GPU via HDMI is showing the desktop. The Windows configuration is set up extending the desktop. The device is recognized as a generic monitor.
    I wish to make them work together so the player can connect 2 devices at the same time. The GPU has an extra HDMI VR output. I do not use Steam

• What do I need to do now?
    • Do I need to uninstall Oculus?
    • Do I need to Install Steam and SteamVR?
    • Do I need to Install SteamVR?
    • Do I need to Install JAVA?
    • Do I need to deinstall Internal Gpu of the Cpu ?
    • In Unity, VR is turned on but what device option I need to include?

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
  2. AlanMattano

AlanMattano

Probably PiMax is not compatible with Unity?

3. dopradoguilherm

dopradoguilherm

does the problem was solved?

4. AlanMattano

AlanMattano

I do not know.
    This problem was before Unity XR came out. I sell PiMax4k so I never tested PiMax with Unity XR.