Search Unity

1. New Unity Live Help updates. Check them out here!

Dismiss Notice

How to install Cinemachine in Unity 2017.4?

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by EDarkness, Feb 15, 2020.

1. EDarkness

EDarkness

Hello!

I downloaded the Cinemachine asset from the Asset Store and tried to install it into my project. It ended up creating a ton of errors saying that "PostProcessing" doesn't exist in the namespace "UnityEngine.Rendering". I have the Post Processing Stack from the store installed currently and that seems to have broken after installing Cinemachine. I ended up uninstalling Cinemachine. I don't see the Post Processing V2 anywhere on the store, so I'm gonna assume it's someplace else...or is 2017 not able to use Cinemachine anymore?

2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Strictly speaking we don't support 2017, but it should work.
    Can you try making a new empty project, and installing Cinemachine there?
    Then, assuming that works (which I think it will), add the PostProcessing package.
    What happens then?

EDarkness likes this.
  3. EDarkness

EDarkness

Thanks for the assistance. I found that the real problem is that Cinemachine requires Post Processing V2. For 2017 there isn't an easy way to get that. I searched all over looking for over an hour trying to find a way to download it. In the editor, when I look up Post Processing, it says it's deprecated and to use V2. Yet, there's no place to get that anywhere. In my desperation, I decided to ask on Discord and luckily, I was directed to the Git repository and was able to get V2 from there.

Once I installed V2, Cinemachine installed fine. I'm still wondering if I actually got all of the Post Processing files, but it worked, so I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. If you guys aren't going to have V2 on the Asset Store, can you please have a link directing people to the Git repository?

unityunity