Search Unity

1. Unity 2020.1 has been released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We are looking for feedback on the experimental Unity Safe Mode which is aiming to help you resolve compilation errors faster during project startup.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

How to install a specific but not latest version of Unity and having available modules recognized ?

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by lugduweb, Sep 11, 2019.

1. lugduweb

lugduweb

Hello, I need to install a specific Unity version : 2019.1.8f1 because it is the latest supported by the SDK of a 3rd party VR headset. Unfortunately it is not possible by default as a 2019.1.14f1 exists.

If I want to install it with Unity Hub, I can't do it by default and I have to install it by download archive / Unity hub link.
    But installation fails (packages are downloaded but install does not work. Maybe because Unity Hub and editors are located on a second partition of my macbook with a link or maybe not - no idea - tried twice).
    Anyway, if I install those packages manually, the installation works and I can launch the editor, but when I'm in Unity Hub, I don't see the icons of the modules I've installed (Android, IOS, Mac, Windows). I have no option to add those modules or to locate them.
    Can I fix it by modifying a script somewhere to make it recognized by Unity Hub ?

Best reagards.
    Capture d’écran 2019-09-11 à 09.20.28.png

unityunity