Search Unity

How to initiate test ads?

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by Zwiebel, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Zwiebel

Zwiebel

Hi!

I would like to implement Unity Ads in my new apps, however I couldn't find any exact method to get the test ads instead the "real" ones. I wouldn't like to get false requests so I would like to ask for help. I have could find two methods:
    - Go to Dashboard, choose app in operate section, then choose platform and there is a test mode slider to override test mode in clients (I don't have the app on Play store yet, so I don't know if that would work)
    - Go to Dashboard, choose Ad data export and add test devices.

To be honest I'm not even sure if the second method would show the test ads as it is under the "Ad data export" section which doesn't seems like the option what I need.

Isn't there any method in code I could call like it was in earlier versions of Unity Ads?

For clarification I would like to use the asset store version of Unity Ads, because I would like to show a screen at first use of the app, where the user would be asked about his/her age, and then use the project id I have created based on the age of the user. So if it checked under 13 then I would show the COPPA compliant version, if not then the other one.

Thanks in advance

2. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

3. Zwiebel

Zwiebel

Thank
    Thank you, I have used Unity Ads before, but I have read somewhere that the "coding" options are deprecated, so I didn't want to use them.

And one more question if you don't mind:
    Now that Unity Ads will show ads from Google as I can understand from here (https://blogs.unity3d.com/2018/08/07/unity-releases-google-advertising-for-developers/), is the Unity Ads consent (for GDPR compliancy) still enough or should I get consent for Google ads separately.

Thanks again

4. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

We will forward the GDPR consent flag to any 3rd party networks, so you shouldn't have to do anything special.

/Rasmus

5. Zwiebel

Zwiebel

Thanks for your help!