Search Unity

How to improve connect to become usable

Discussion in 'Unity Connect' started by Ashkan_gc, Feb 7, 2018.

1. Ashkan_gc

Ashkan_gc

Long story short, after working on forums for many years after i could not make the game of my dreams, I'm out of options for finding work. Connect has issues which makes is less good compared to old forums
    Many suggested posts are more than 3 months old. Once was a year old. Many posts don't mention their paid/none-paid and remote ok properties correctly and there is no easy way to find jobs which are posted lately and are still open and relevant.

Can you guys do somethings, closing jobs after x das of activity. Be more pushing for correct project details and advertise it more so people come and post jobs there.

We got families to put food on the table for and businesses to run

MaciejKrzykwa likes this.
  2. anthonyanthonyh

anthonyanthonyh

Unity Technologies

Thank you for the feedback Ashkan, the Job side of Connect is a feature we are continually trying to improve.

Many suggested posts are more than 3 months old. Once was a year old. Many posts don't mention their paid/none-paid and remote ok properties correctly

Our dev team has recently released changes with Tasks regarding what shows up for Paid/Nonpaid. The update has happened recently so we would have to wait until the old posts expire before they correctly filter. Apologies for the inconvenience!

and there is no easy way to find jobs which are posted lately and are still open and relevant.

You can try using the toggle "Order by Latest' to find most recent jobs.

3. Ashkan_gc

Ashkan_gc

Thanks for the answer. Ye saw the checkbox after wrote this here for sorting with dates. So far at has not been as bad as people suggest here for finding jobs for a person at least. After 2 days i found something which potentially could become a project , but it is too soon to say i guess.

4. Ashkan_gc

Ashkan_gc

Ah and one other suggestion is, since I've found jobs back then many times from my replies in the multiplayer forums, maybe it's a good idea to put the link to each person's connect profile in their forum posts under profile picture or somewhere, or maybe even in answers. That would help a lot to follow someone if you find him/her a person of knowledge or good craft.