Search Unity

how to implement Multiplayer in unity 5.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sohail_Ahmed, Dec 14, 2017.

?

how to implement Multiplayer in unity 5.

1. multiplayer

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. multiplayer through Network Manager

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. Sohail_Ahmed

Sohail_Ahmed

Hello unity Community, i want to implement multiplayer in my project .i want to connect two players over WLan(wherever they are sitting in the world). i mean INVITE AND CHALLENGE..plz help me how can i implement it.. Thanks in Advance... :)

2. FMark92

FMark92

Not possible, sorry. There's an "L" in there for a reason (local). Pretty sure you meant "WAN".

What does this mean?

3. grimunk

grimunk

Maybe he means wireless LAN because that's what routers call it.

4. ShilohGames

ShilohGames

Since he said "wherever they are sitting in the world", I am guessing he meant WAN or over the Internet (instead of local).

5. grimunk

grimunk

He might just think it's all wireless - we're almost at that stage (though not me - I just got fiber!).

6. FMark92

FMark92

Call me when ocean floor cables are no longer main way of communicating between continents.

Kiwasi likes this.
  7. grimunk

grimunk

Honestly, those will be faster than satellite for some time to come, mainly because of sheer bandwidth. I suppose they could just float buoys across the ocean with cellular access, which would be great for the cruise ships, and we could start selling smartphones to cetaceans.

8. FMark92

FMark92

And everyone would get to work faster with private jets.

9. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

10. Sohail_Ahmed

Sohail_Ahmed

ohhh sorry .i made a mistake :O ... yup i meant WAN.... i am working on bike racing game in which i want to implement "player can invite and challange on "facebook friends" etc"...

11. grimunk

grimunk

You have some options. If you don't think you need server-authoritative, you could just use photon. There are some big limitations for not going server-authoritative but it is at least a quick way to get up and running. Otherwise, you would be looking at deploying/running your own game servers. Matchmaking and the like can be handled a few different ways - photon, gamesparks, playfab...

12. LaneFox

LaneFox

I voted for 'multiplayer'.