Search Unity

Question How to implement custom Nunit Attribute on a [UnityTest] Test Framework 1.3.0

Discussion in 'Testing & Automation' started by daicoden, Nov 4, 2022.

1. daicoden

daicoden

Hi,

How are you supposed to write a test attirbute for a test marked with UnityTest On the test framework 1.3.0?

The TestCommandBuilder has the following:

Code (CSharp):
    2.                 if (testReturnsIEnumerator && !(command is IEnumerableTestMethodCommand))
    3.                 {
    4.                     command = TryReplaceWithEnumerableCommand(command);
    5.                     if (command != null)
    6.                     {
    7.                         continue;
    8.                     }
    10.                     var message = String.Format("'{0}' is not supported on {1} as it does not handle returning IEnumerator.",
    11.                         wrapper.GetType().FullName,
    12.                         GetTestBuilderName(test));
    13.                     return new FailCommand(test, ResultState.Failure, message);
    14.                 }

IEnumerableTestMethodCommand is marked internal, so you can't extend it. TryReplaceWihtEnumerable hardcodes a couple of known classes.

I can get my enumerable test method attribute to work if I mark IEnumerableTestMethodCommand as public... is there a way to make internals for the testing framework visible to an assembly... or something??

2. daicoden

daicoden

aha - IOuterUnityTestAction let's you do something - Would still be nice if IEnumerableTestMethodCommand was public to get access to the context and such.

3. MelvMay

MelvMay

Unity Technologies

There's a dedicated forum for Test Automation here. I'll move your post for you.