Search Unity

How to ignore the error passed from Network.Connect

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by TheCasual, Apr 3, 2012.

1. TheCasual

TheCasual

I have been searching around the net, and tried all the conventional methods , such as try catch etc, and come up short of nothing. Seemingly it has something to do with that the Connect method is called instantly , and yet internally , the connection can take some time to resolve before the system error comes back. I also tried yield Network.Connect and again , no dice. So far , no matter what i try , that error will surface a few seconds later , and pause the editor up.

How is it , that you can *NOT* have the error spit back from the system in the editor. Ultimately, it might seem trivial , but i am using Pause on error, and although the connection fails, (i am purposely attempting to connect to a server that is down), the application pause on that one error is very annoying , because its a desired result, that i will be using to display a connection failed dialog box with.

I dont want to disable the error pause , cause its very useful elsewhere through out the app.

2. appels

appels

3. TheCasual

TheCasual

ya no , thanks again appels , but you are correct as i already discovered , there doesnt seem to be a way to prevent the editor pause lock from happening when tripping across this error . To be blunt , its really a pain in the ass actually.