Search Unity

1. Looking for a job or to hire someone for a project? Check out the re-opened job forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2020 LTS & Unity 2021.1 have been released.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

How to ignore the error passed from Network.Connect

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by TheCasual, Apr 3, 2012.

1. TheCasual

TheCasual

I have been searching around the net, and tried all the conventional methods , such as try catch etc, and come up short of nothing. Seemingly it has something to do with that the Connect method is called instantly , and yet internally , the connection can take some time to resolve before the system error comes back. I also tried yield Network.Connect and again , no dice. So far , no matter what i try , that error will surface a few seconds later , and pause the editor up.

How is it , that you can *NOT* have the error spit back from the system in the editor. Ultimately, it might seem trivial , but i am using Pause on error, and although the connection fails, (i am purposely attempting to connect to a server that is down), the application pause on that one error is very annoying , because its a desired result, that i will be using to display a connection failed dialog box with.

I dont want to disable the error pause , cause its very useful elsewhere through out the app.

2. appels

appels

3. TheCasual

TheCasual

ya no , thanks again appels , but you are correct as i already discovered , there doesnt seem to be a way to prevent the editor pause lock from happening when tripping across this error . To be blunt , its really a pain in the ass actually.

unityunity