Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

How to Hide Cinemachine Target in Game Mode

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by PerfectArchCo, Mar 1, 2019.

1. PerfectArchCo

PerfectArchCo

I seemed to have gotten stuck on such a simple step. I'm coming to Unity from the AEC industry trying to animate and output a couple different design options. So far I really like the look of Cinemachine. I've used the white target to fine turn the framing and now, when ready to output as a mp4 from game mode, we would like to hide the distracting target.

However...

For some reason when the Cinemachine path is animated without the white target visible -- I turned it off in the inspector before going into game mode -- it completely changes the framing. Like the target is 10 feet above where its positioned. I've toggled on and off all the game settings that seem even slightly related to the issue with no helpful results. The documentation on this part Cinemachine is a bit thin and didn't really shed any light on our use case.

unityhelpgif2.gif

2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Cinemachine needs the target GameObject to be active, in order to recognize it as a target for the procedural framing. Deactivating it is the same as deleting it. Instead, you should just deactivate its meshRenderer component, to make it invisible. Alternatively, you could replace it with an empty GameObject.

3. PerfectArchCo

PerfectArchCo

Thanks. I will investigate those two suggestions.