Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.
  2. Join us on Dec 8, 2022, between 7 am & 7 pm EST, in the DOTS Dev Blitz Day 2022 - Q&A forum, Discord, and Unity3D Subreddit to learn more about DOTS directly from the Unity Developers.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a look at our Games Focus blog post series which will show what Unity is doing for all game developers – now, next year, and in the future.
    Dismiss Notice

How to hide ad Banner ?

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by Paradoks, Aug 25, 2020.

1. Paradoks

Paradoks

Hi,
    In my android project i use:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Advertisement.Banner.Show(bannerAd);
    to show a banner ad, but after i would like to hide it, i could not find a way to do it.
    I tried that with no success.
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Advertisement.Banner.Hide(false);
    Any idea ?
    thanks

2. ads-adam-unity

ads-adam-unity

Unity Technologies

You generally shouldn't need to hide the banners. The code you posted above should hide the banner, it's odd that this isn't working. There might be an issue elsewhere in your code.

I suggest you try calling
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Advertisment.Banner.Hider(true)
    This should definitely remove your banner, if the banner is still not removed when you call this function, it is almost certain there is an issue elsewhere.

3. Paradoks

Paradoks

In fact i would like the ads to show when the player is death and to hide when he respawns, i did not find a way to do that.