Search Unity

How to help an user with an issue that cannot be reproduced?

Discussion in 'BlackBerry' started by Elkis, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Elkis

Elkis

Hey guys, I know BlackBerry support is getting ditched and whatnot but before that, I would be really grateful if you could help me with a small issue:

A single user is telling me one of my games gets stuck at the Splash Screen. He has a Z10STL100-1 with BB 10.3.1.2576. I have already tested with this model and OS version and cannot reproduce it; at much, I came across this issue with a Z30 and the same OS version but was quickly resolved by reinstalling. I have told him to reinstall, restart, etc. Nothing seems to solve the issue. This seems to be an isolated case from all the currently 8k users.

How can I help him?

Thank you!

2. Jonny-Roy

Jonny-Roy

3. Elkis

Elkis

I hope it isn't, I already dropped support for Passport due to this issue :(

4. lloydsummers

lloydsummers

For what it is worth, there are a large volume of Unity built games including Gameloft games that "just don't launch" for me on my Passport either. They all freeze at the loading screen.

If you want, send me a message over bbm (pin:lsummers) and I'd be happy to test debug bars or whatever you need to see if it can be reproduced - there is a somewhat bigger "app testing" group with about 20 folks in BBM that can help test on a wider range of devices too.

Currently though, any of my own apps work fine on my passport and crashes I was able to identify as specific to earlier model BB10 devices. Could it be a plugin of sorts?